Donnerstag, September 14, 2006

What happened this past week

Haven't posted a lot lately, and this post will large still be without pictures because I feel soooo lazy today!

Last week Monday (the 4th) my sister came back from Paris, and she didn't only show me the fab things she bought for herself, but she even brought me something! Supercute silver-and-blue necklace! Yay, my sister knows what I like! :)
Then on Tuesday she left again for Carynthia. Ain't she great? ;D

Last week Wednesday (the 6th) I started sorting through the huge pile in my room for things to (hopefully) sell on the market on Sunday. In the process, I found these two crafty sand things: sand art - filling coloured sand into a frame, once belonged to my mum and she never ever used it in the last ca 15-20 years, AND Make your own sand bottle - bought by myself, or for me by my parents, on our holiday to Cornwall, now *does the maths* 8 years ago and I never used the stuff myself either.
Well, last Wednesday my parents went out, so I took over our dining table again and used up these two things. The super sand art frame thingy didn't quite turn out as planned (I just wanted to pour the colours into layers, which would have looked nice with the colours I had - anyway, I messed it up by shaking the frame too much and did something completely different in the end) but the sand bottle does look nice. :)
I still haven't closed these two things properly, I probably should, before I pour sand all over the place...
Anyway, pictures will follow! (Already took them last week but too lazy to post.)

On Thursday my sis came back again!
Also, Monday through to Thursday, I had to do my first online registrations for next uni term - probably the last where I will really take lots of courses...
It was the first time we had to use this online system, and I was sort of worried that it would be a huge mess, system failing, trying to call the secretary, being on hold for ages because 50 students are calling at the exact same time - but none of it happened! I got all the courses I needed, and most of the courses I wanted (I gave up one of the places I got because someone else needed it more and I didn't really need the credits anyway), and now there's just two days of registration for me to go which shouldn't be too stressful. No more compulsory courses to sign up for. Te-hee!

On the weekend with my sunflower-induced hayfever attack I made two necklaces, no pictures yet either (not even taken yet). A very nice white one using some of the blue beads I received from my friend T, and another one in three shades of blue (very simple).

On Sunday was the market, for which I had to get up shortly past 5am. Jeeee-sus! It's just not for me. My sis and I managed to make our way somehow, and we even sold some stuff. Not such a lot, but we made around 40€ each, which isn't too bad for mainly sunbathing (ok, the sun got too much later on, as already mentioned, but still - sitting around, drinking hot tea in the morning and cold water in the afternoon, being visited by friends - well at least my sister was - doesn't sound too bad). Ok so we were dead tired. BUT! I also bought something, taking 5€ from my earnings...I didn't venture far or I would have bought far too much junk, so I just took a look at our neighbours place - in fact, she asked us several times to watch it while she went to get something to drink etc. And what did I discover! A fabulous tea set, a lovely bowl, and some other nice stuff. We-helll, I went and bought the tea set for 3€ (6 cups, stove and tea can!) and the pretty bowl (dark brown on the outside, light turquoise crackle glaze on the inside) for another 2€! Another incentive to start frequenting second hand stores...

We went home at 4pm, pretty much exhausted. The rest of our family had a late lunch prepared, and aftereating that together I had a shower and a short flop on the couch, but we were off again at 6pm for our family game of pool billard. O-m-g. Have I ever been so tired? Yes, I know I have, and far worse...but I usually didn't try to hit little balls with a long sharp stick at those times. HOW I managed to still be so fab that my mum wouldn't believe that I only ever played pool before for like 5 times or so (the "fab" is entirely my description, in comparison to other people it surely wasn't - I just had some probably waking-dream induced bright moments) I don't know. Every time I sat on one of those fantastic chairs they have, I sort of folded in and forwards, and felt like a balloon losing air. And why the hell I drank beer when I was already feeling like something wet and floppy I don't know either. But hey! It was fun! We laughed one hell of a lot! We had good food! It was a wonderfully nice evening! It reminded me why I love my family!
But as soon as we got home (and I had checked my emails for one last time :P) I fell into my bed and slept like a stone that has been hit on the head with a baseball bat and injected with morphines and what-have-you.

And this week, yes, this one, I will officially name Christmas Week. Five (!!!so crazy!!!) packages on Tuesday, another one and a new notebook on Wednesday, another package (yeeees, the Amazon one) today...whoah. I'm still keeping all the stuff that I so far got in the envelopes etc - I have no idea where to put things in an orderly fashion - because after the market, where not all things were sold of course, my room is again just a little bit messy, but I'm working on it.

Yeah, the Amazon package...amongst other things, I now have 3 new craft books (actually, what means 'new', these are amongs the first ones I personally own...other than them, just one for those friendship bracelets which I bought at least 10 years ago and the book with decorative patterns inside from a few weeks ago...all others that we have here at home technically belong to my parents and are mainly for children's stuff).
I know I write too long in brackets - often longer than outside them. :P
Anyway, I now have two books on t-shirt reconstruction and one on making books. Well...guess I'll start with the t-shirts as the bookmaking stuff requires more tools, and I'm not the richest student around (especially not after all these packages...yikes). Anyway, I think with the t-shirt books I'm quite well-employed for the refashion plans (both the books and my soon-to-be-implemented plans will receive extra posts sometimes).

And after writing this exhausting report (why am I so lazy today? is it the approaching change in weather? I can only hope so...) I will run myself a bath and then laze around some more with my books and then sleep.
Which means that tomorrow I will type with fury so I can keep my promise to myself and finish a paper per week from now on. Wish me luck! :)

Keine Kommentare: