Donnerstag, September 14, 2006

Sweettooth Thursday III - Keiko Green Kiss Matcha Mapan & Ginger Matcha Mapan

Yep, I'm still working on that very successful shopping spree two weeks ago. :)
These were the second part of Keiko treats that I bought myself (along with the chews from last week). These little treats were actually available in several more flvours, but I stuck with these two for the moment.


















Don't you just love the packaging style?
Anyway, these are once again very 'simple' things: The ingredients list just almonds, honey, matcha (green tea powder), wheat wafer for the pale-faced ones, and almonds, honey, matcha (green tea powder), wheat wafer ginger, for the other one. So I guess no baddies inside these!

Anyway, so these are simply two wheat wafers (Oblaten, for you German speakers - there's probably still none but who cares! :D) with this creamy almond-honey-matcha paste between them. And you just bite into them and chew this sweet stuff, enjoy the taste of honey and almonds, the light hint of green tea (and maybe a hint of ginger with the second one), let it melt away in your tongue, and start over.
The matcha taste isn't very pronounced, it's rather subtle, and if you want to really get it, you better be a slow eater. I guess you could also just wolf them down and be done with it, but what a waste that would be!

I have to admit to being and almond (and honey!) freak myself, and I like my green tea when I manage to have it, so I really enjoyed finding these goodies. Again, they're a little expensive (they're portioned at 40g and I got mine for €2,50 each - which could have bought me three 100g chocolate bars at the next supermarket) but I think for a piece of goodness to treat yourself to sometimes, they're not bad. They're definitely slow food, and with a subtle combination of ingredients, so I'm not surprised they're sold in our tea shop (ignoring the fact there's actual tea in there :P).

Actually, on the subject of tea in there, maybe these would also work as an afternoon pick me up (as advertised on the chew packaging), who knows. Not sure. I probably shouldn't test these in the evening when I'm more lively by nature anyway. ;)

As you may have guessed, these are also made by Keiko, the company on which I didn't find much information (I'll review some better supported candy next), but I decided to check Wikipedia for the entry and found the information that Keiko is a Japanese female given name, and means something like "happy/blessed child". I suppose that at least explains the female deco and the intended effect of their products, right? :)

Keine Kommentare: