Samstag, September 02, 2006

Some finished projects

There were and still are some unfinished projects lying around, but I'm going to concentrate on those that were, which are now finished. :)

These two pretty things are from the papermache bowl making session I had with my friend, uh, way back (2-3 weeks :P) on that crafting Wednesday.













I used old newspaper (quality paper, these bowls are tabloid-free!) for the papermache, and painted the bowls with a few layers of the only white paint I found in my cupboard (gouache). They look quite nice the way they are, but I guess I'll add some varnish so they don't die completely should clumsy me ever pour water on them.
I have some other bowls still half-finished, because I'm doing more papermache work on them with this extremely thin paper, which looks fantastic but takes ages. I guess I'll post them later.
I'm still thinking whether I should decorate these any further. I could add some glamour with stick-on jewels or by threading beads through them (that's the nice thing about them being paper, I can actually do that) or something else. But for the time being I better concentrate on finishing the rest of them. :P

Ok, and here's some bead stuff (of course). The bracelet was made on the first Friday of crafting (when I bought my first bead mix), the two necklaces were made at around 4am when my friend was here, when all my brain was still able to do was put beads on string.













I actually made these necklaces to fit my wardrobe (...). Yes, it's come that far. :P The violet and light pink pearl thingie (pearls!) should go well with a new jumper I bought (these nice plastic bead pearls were bought in London, so they're cool, plus filled with fond memories, that's my excuse) and the black and blue lovely thing will go, well, with all my black and blue things (of which I have a lot, hehe).

Ok, and the last for today doesn't actually fit in with 'finished' projects because, well, they're just sort of drafts in actual existence (right?). I was just playing around and am not very sure of them, also, I don't wear earrings myself (no matter what kind I try, my ears just don't like them :-/) - if they were for me they'd probably finished quite fast.












I like them both. Sadly I have only one of the leaves, else I could make a pair which I would at least try to put in my ear, even if I'd have to take them out again immediately. I also like the other one, weird plastic thingie with some small pearly beady strings. I could call it Urban Trash Glamour or something weird like that. Maybe I could actually make a bag charm or somesuch like this. I'd have no hesitations whatsoever to put stuff on my bags! :D

Well, that's two posts for today, and oddly enough I am getting tired around midnight again, which is good. I'll hopefully continue with a holiday report and some assorted other stuff tomorrow. :)

Keine Kommentare: