Donnerstag, September 07, 2006

Swap No. 1 - The beautiful package from Babs

It took me a day, but I think I can now write about what I received in my package from sweet and sunny California.

When I saw the package in the mailbox, I almost couldn't believe it - I hadn't thought it would already be here! But it was! And then I showed some of the most restraint I've ever shown and took a shower, cooked lunch, ate lunch - and only then sat down to the table and slowly slowly opened it.

I knew what would be in it: A t-shirt, some sweets, maybe some fabric. But I didn't know exactly what sort of t-shirt, which sweets, and whether there would really be fabric.

Well, looky here:













It's all here! T-shirt, fabric, sweets, postcard, and (!!!) lucky turtle charm! Oh my God! Such a lot of stuff! :D

I immediately tried on the t-shirt and it fit perfectly - perfectly, I say, probably better than most of the t-shirts currently in my wardrobe (yep, gaining weight sucks, but covering it up with a fantastic t-shirt like this which is fitted yet HIDES IT ALL is the best thing ever). I also love the print! Babs sent me some pictures of t-shirts she could get and which would be sort of my favourites, and I picked out two...and this was one of them. So lovely. It looks even better real than on the picture - and while I usually worry whether print t-shirts won't look funny when worn, this one doesn't. :)














Four pieces of fabric, I'm so in love with these! And look how they're tied up nicely! :) There's the fiery pink one, then one with a white, green and lilac circle print, a blue one with some gold flower print (very subtle, very nice) and a lovely brown one - I do not usually fall for brown, but this is such a great print! I know you can't see it that well in the picture, but I'll post some better ones soon.

The sweets are of course all great! I told Babs that I liked anything with nuts (esp. peanuts), and that's what I got. Plus! POCKY! I have Pocky! I didn't even tell her about that, I think (or did I? Maybe I did after all...) yet here it is. After reading about it so much I will finally eat some myself. :D

And here's the sweetest and tiniest bit:













My mum noticed this before I did (cunningly hidden in the fabric) and was completely fascinated. She thought it was the cutest thing ever, and for a short while (very very short) I thought I'd offer to give it to her. But yeah, I didn't. Instead, this lovely tiny lucky turtle now lives in my purse and already helped me today to find the perfect pair of shoes! Thanks little Japanese turtle!

And thanks Babs! Receiving this package just felt amazing! :)

Oh yeah, about how wide my grin was...approximately like this:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

;)

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

that is a great package!
I got the lucky turtle too.. and I certainly am in need of a bit of luck ! hehe

kwoozy