Montag, September 18, 2006

A package from Melbourne

Last week on Tuesday I received one huge package. Ok, I received several packages, but one was huge. Like, really big. And inside, there was another big thing. A big brown paper bag. I immediately knew what was inside, and immediately thought Pei might have gone a bit crazy:




























See that heap of fabric? See all that fabric? O_O














Look at all these! I think Pei, together with Babs, has enlarged my fabric stash by at least a third! And yep, I didn't have any patterned fabric before...now I have LOADS! These will make a lot of pretty things! :D

Next item up is also fun. Pei said she'd send me a kangaroo shirt, and I should send her a No kanagroo shirt (one of those funny touristy ones we have here). Well, she had herself a deal. And here's my pretty Australian roo shirt (hers isn't nearly as pretty, I blame the lousy tourist industry here!


















I already declared this to be my official thesis writing shirt. As in, when I'm wearing this shirt, I'll mean business! :D

Then there were also some great postcards. Genius me took pictures of them still in the bag, but in return I'll later on show pictures of what I've done with them.


















See those sunsets in the back! Just perfect!

Next, some delicious Australian goodness: Tim Tams! And see what sort of flavours she chose for me, how can a girl resist? (Honestly, I don't know how I've kept my fingers off them for a week!)














Get that? Creamy Truffle Temptation! Whoah!

And now, in the spirit of keeping best for last, look at this here:














It's the absolute fabulous final goodie bag! Owl Number One - Koo! Very well wrapped but still stylish - Pincushion! And in the background, but no less important - Funky Letter!
Yep, this is the part where my insides went a little soft, as did my brain, and I was turned into Super-Sop for a few hours. The pincushion is the most beautiful thing! Small and delicate and so well made...I don't even want to stick pins in there! And then the owl - the brown fabric is the softest ever, and he's tiny...both of them joined Sammy. What can I say! Thanks so much Pei! Still quite stunned over here!

I hope I can manage to do some 'action shots' at some stage, so the kind people at GYS get some happy interesting pictures that they seem to crave so much. I'll have to enlist the help of some friend (or sister/brother) and get some cultural landmark shots, crazy happy grin included. :)

Anyway, this was fabulous! I can only hope she likes my package as much, when she wrote she had received it she hadn't opened it yet! Ayeee! *looks hopeful*

5 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Yaaaay! What a lovely package from Kwoozy...I have two of her owls, Beatrice and percival! hehe =)

I looove the fabrics you received, what is on the one in the top right corner? I am intrigued! lol.

I need to update my blog, gawd! I've received some gorgeous packages too and I need to get off my butt and post everything, love seeing what you got =) xx

Fel hat gesagt…

Hey Meshell! The fabric you mentioned is a lovely little street scene, really nice. I'll try and get a larger picture posted, though you can see it somewhat better if you click on the picture.

Yep, I love what Pei sent me! So many great things! :)

Can't wait to see what you received! :D

Anonym hat gesagt…

I thought that's what it was! It looks gorgeous from what I can see =))

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh DER I'm an idiot, I just realised I could click the photo and it gets bigger! LOL, it really is gorgeous! hehe, so you don't have to worry about another picture for me =P

Anonym hat gesagt…

wow, you make it sound like we have great things down under! hmmm...

well, i have opened your package now - and your package is fabulous! thank you so much. now to work on a pic for GYS.

hey meshell, it's a street scene alright - not sanrio but some other cutsy jap company print. That's the best fabric I have bought.