Donnerstag, September 07, 2006

Catching Up: Holidays

I promised some pictures from my 5-day-holidays with my parents.
They'd planned to stay for two weeks in an apartment belonging to a family friend, located in Carynthia, at around 950m altitude, on a lake (called Weissensee). They tried to convince me and my brother to come visit them, and while my brother preferred to stay at home (he's usually out and about almost every weekend because of swimming tournaments or stuff like that), I decided to got for the second week.
Now, it was simply fantastic...fresh air! All that green! Beautiful but autumny cool weather! Ahhh...
In those few days, we did some hiking, went around the lake on our bikes, went swimming for very short periods (lake at around 18°C, refreshing but COLD), lay around lazily soaking in some sun, played some minigolf (or crazy golf, as it's called in the UK I think), had lots of good food, and in the evening sat around our fun electrically heated tiled stove and watched TV or read our books or wrote some stuff (for example, I tried to get some start on that paper writing business that I keep on talking about but delay doing wonderfully).
It was extremely relaxing. I loved the fact that I was out and about in the air such a lot, here int he city I'm the worst stay-at-home (although I'm working at it :P).

Ok, and now that you read all that stuff about how nice holidays are, here's some pictures to show the beauty of the location....














I went for a short cycle on my second evening and enjoyed the silence, good air, and a fantastic sunset.














On the second whole day I was there, I went hiking with my dad. This is part of the way we had to walk (picture taken from the ship we took to get back to where our bikes were).


















The day after, all four of us went to the Garlitzklamm (Klamm= fume or gorge in English). I took loads of pictures of waterfalls and the waterway. The trail was quite an adventure, lots of climbing etc...


















Here's the view of the gorge from the trail we took back to the car, which ran quite high above. You can't see the water, but you can see where the thing runs, sort of.














On Saturday we first had bad weather, so we played crazy golf and then, when it cleared up, went for a boat ride with a rented electrical boat. Mhh, beautiful.













Goodbye-shot of the lake from the one bridge that exists across it, immediately before we left. Beautiful, isn't it?

I have lots more pictures and I hope I'll put up some of them someplace else soon. Knowing myself, it might take a while though... ;)

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

wow, beautiful place!

i figured out a way to comment.. log in as anonymous. haha