Freitag, August 18, 2006

Swap Update

Ok, for the three people who I've already arranged swaps with and exchanged some emails, here's how things are going:

Swap no.1 - the Surprise Swap - is almost finished, which is great! I have something to make yet, and then it will all be nicely packaged and will await sending. Ooh, I have some nice things in there, but I can't tell yet, since it's of course secret. But I like it and I hope Lori will do so as well.

Swap no.2 - oh, the shame, I haven't really bought anything yet for this one! But I know where to go, and will do so on Saturday. It's probably because I'm sort of loath to go into bookstores...all those books are far too tempting! I'll just have to march straight through to the section I need, and be strong. ;)
No worries Babs, I will get everything together! I just need the one shopping trip. :)

Swap no.3 is going quite well, I have about half of the things I guess. Fortunate that I could get the things from a shop just 5 mins away. Yeh, what luck to live close to a fabric store! I actually bought such nice things, I wonder why I never found these kinds of fabric before...probably because I was looking for the wrong things, see my post on my fabric collection. But things are changing. I really hope the recipient (knwoozy) will enjoy the patterns and buttons I picked out for her.

As for other swaps, there's two people I have yet to get back to (seems like they popped up overnight - I'm still a bit struck by how many people my post is attracting!) and two I'm in contact with and one I'm waiting to get back to me. So many! I'll have to find a way to get that sorted out, since I really want to swap with everyone! I'll just have to do it some time in autumn, like October, and I'm not used to planning things for that far away (at least not exciting things like this). Would love to do all the swaps at once but it's just not possible.

Next update once I've sent the first package (unless anything exciting happens in the meantime, of course).

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ooohh, it sounds so exciting! Funny how girls never outgrow trinkets, eh? I think when I'm 80 I'll be the same.

While I'm here, here's a bit of a funny for you: every time I've bought something sweet for your box(3 times, so far!!) I've told my husband, "Stay out of it.", and then, guess what?--I went and robbed your gift at midnight! (3 times!!)(3!!) Oh, these midlife hormones are making me into a sugar fiend! (Not to worry though, I'll make sure SOMETHING sweet, just for you, makes its way to Austria!)
YT, Lori