Samstag, August 12, 2006

London

Ah, London! How I miss thee! How I wanted to visit again, and soon!
But now - flights cancelled, high alarm rating and goodbye to hand luggage?
Our reunion will have to wait. :(

I think this is one of the nastiest things about terrorists - they don't have to actually blow anything up to terrorise. Even if attacks are just a possibility, people are scared enough. Economy takes a tour downwards. Little me isn't able to go to London.*

So, dear London, it will have to wait! But soon, quite soon, I will be roaming your streets again, cursing the fact that this time round I WILL be just a tourist again, and not one of your many international students. I WILL just stay for a few days again, instead of a few months. But I WILL come back. And come back. And come back again.

Ooh, how I do miss it! Even with gray skies and rain falling today. It's just not the same!

*I know I could go by train, or by car, or on bike or foot, but, well, that would take AGES (and not just the last two options).

Keine Kommentare: