Donnerstag, August 17, 2006

Catching up: My fabric collection, and some more beads

During the weekend, I also took some pictures of my so far fabric collection (which is not representative of my entire taste, I just bought them for the reasons below) and of some of my bead collection (not all of them). Oh, and some trims (there aren't many :P).

First, the fabric:













These are my Blues. So far I mainly bought simple, one-colour stretchy fabric so I could try and sew the simplest of things out of it. For example, I managed to make a skirt out of the top fabric which turned out nice enough to wear out to my sister's last-year-of-school dance (I also made a top with that fabric and black).
And as you might guess, yes, I do like velvet. Not for wearing (I used to have some trousers in dark blue velvet like 10 years back), but it's so soft and pretty. I'll probably use the rest for cushions or something - something easy though, because it is really hard to sew.














Now these are, yep, right, my Blacks. Now black I do wear a lot, but I've never made anything to wear from these (except the top mentioned above). These fabrics here I mainly bought and never did anything with them. The two bottom ones are a thick stretchy something which I once thought I could make a skirt out of (maybe I will yet), and the other is something nice and fleecy...maybe another cushion? (Yep, I love soft things and I love cushions, and if its cushions with soft fabrics, I love it even more!)














And these are my few colourful things. Some nice violet fleecy stuff which I will use as backing for my long longed for patchwork blanket, a petrol one that I once wanted made into a suit, but I probably don't have enough and don't wear suits a lot anyway. Maybe I can get a small dress out of it, but I probably won't be making that myself. Then there's some pretty colourful velvet, and some shiny brocade that I wanted to make into a skirt, but will probably make into something else now. The last bit of shiny stuff is what was left from an evening dress my grandma had made for me (for *my* last-year-of-school dance :D).














My measly collection of trims. Pityful, isn't it. :P














And here's the whole lot with a bit of felt I found as well. It's really not much, and I'm currently beating myself up for letting my mum get rid of her stash only two or three weeks ago. But then, I didn't know this strange conversion to the crafty side of life would happen. Severe case of bad timing, really. :-/

And now to the beads:













Sooo, this little box I bought in London, in something fittingly called The Bead Shop. If you're in London, go there, it's a small shop, but beads are small things, and there's loads of them in there. You can even order more!
I think this looks like a small jewellery box, so pretty. I have to get more of these plastic organizers, they're the best thing for beads, I think.














And here, finally, the three bead mixes I bought on Friday and Saturday. Btw, the white one isn't just white, I just poured all of the white ones on top. There's actually mainly browns and bronze in there, very nice ones, too. :)














And here's what our dining table looked like on Saturday afternoon! It actually looks worse right now... :D

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Well I think your dining table looks beautiful =P LOL