Sonntag, März 18, 2012

Week 4, Day 7

"Breakfast":
1 large cup of Yogi Tea Chocolate with a dash of soy milk

Lunch:
1 glass of prosecco
pork loin filled with dried plums wrapped in bacon [S]
pole beans with butter and salt
Schupfnudeln (a sort of dumpling made with potatoes, not really pasta)

Afternoon:
1 whisky sour [S]
1 piece of tiramisu made with apple sauce instead of (most of) the mascarpone [S]

Evening:
2 more (small) pieces of pork loin [S]
1 slice of bread
some mustard [S]

So, why in the world did I consume so much stuff containing sugar today?
Well, I thought someone's birthday would be a great time to do some experimentation within this experiment. I just wanted to see what sort of effect it would have on me, whether I would notice any change in my constitution.
The result?
I did. And it was/is terrible. Really. As soon as I ate the tiramisu, I developed this lingering kind of fuzzy headache that gradually seeps into the background and just hangs there as a light layer of *duh* over everything you think or do. Then, about 30mins later, I suddenly felt sick. Right now, many many hours later, I still feel worse than I've felt in a long time. Still slightly fuzzy in the head, still a queasy feeling in my stomach. I think the message is quite clear. This is *just* what I wanted to get rid of.
Well, guess now I know.
And it's really rather shocking to be able to observe what sort of state I lived in before doing this without even properly realising anymore. Ew.

By the way, the topic of this week was "Face the demons", but I think I already did that a little earlier. The only demons I'm facing now are some sorrow and regret, both for what I've been doing to myself, and for the fact that some of the things I really love to eat are now pretty much off my list. Apple sauce *sniff* I will always love you. :,,,,(

1 Kommentar:

ramaryllis hat gesagt…

I hope you feel better soon!