Mittwoch, März 07, 2012

Week 3, Day 1

This week I give up ALL sugar, yay!

Breakfast:
1 cup of mate tea
1 slice of bread with grilled cheese
(I almost didn't eat anything, forced myself, exams on empty stomachs are no good)

Noontime:
1 cup of coffee with oat milk
(I had fantasies of visiting my favourite coffee shop, but choosing between normal milk [lactose], lactose-free milk [fructose] and soy milk [whatever sugar they add to that] sort of made that impossible. I know that this programme is mainly about avoiding fructose, but since I'm also lactose intolerant, there's nothing to do.]

Lunch:
ciabatta with goat cheese, watercress, grilled bell pepper, red pesto

Afternoon:
Some peanut butter

Evening:
1 glass of mango smoothie (S)
1 big bowl of salad (field salad, radishes, orang bell pepper) with lemon juice and poppy seed oil,some pieces of feta wrapped in bacon and baked until crispy/soft

I need to explain that glass of smoothie, which was not planned and not intended. Love will be my eternal downfall. ;) The story goes like this: I had my exam, which I was really anxious about and spent the past week and more reading like a maniac for. In the evening, my boyfriend comes home and says: "One day I'll finally bring you real flowers*, but..." and pulls a container of Innocent mango smoothie from his bag. Which I love. All of them, but mango especially. And I look at him with big eyes, unsure what to say, and he remembers that I'm not supposed to drink it, and is completely crestfallen. So I say: "You know what, I'll have one glass. And I'll completely refrain from sugar from tomorrow onwards. And also..." *smooch*

Life is sweet.


*We have this joke going on that I never get flowers but other things instead. It started one day when we were not yet living together and shopping at IKEA, and I was buying some energy saving lightbulbs...and at the checkout, he paid for them despite me complaining and said "For all the flowers I never get you." I then explained that I'm not really the flowers-expecting kind of girl (and I think they're sometimes just used as an excuse for something better, like something you really need, or an apology), and that his idea was genius. So him getting me my favourite kind of smoothie? A thousand times better than any bunch of greens could ever be, never mind the timing. ;)

Keine Kommentare: