Sonntag, Februar 04, 2007

Life!

On Friday I discovered that one of the wonderful new friends I made here in Graz since summer has a blog of her own. And apparently she is very good about it and posts almost every day, about what is going on in her life. For me, who has turned into Miss Lazy Poster, this sounds fab! So I guess I could write a bit more about my daily life and stuff as well, instead of taking a break with posting until I can get myself up from my laziness to take the relevant pictures for "big" posts.
So, forget the pictures for a moment. Here is what happened on Friday and Saturday.

Friday - lovely. I went to uni quite early on (9am?) because I had to hand in a paper. Thankfully I tried to take it out of my bag before walking in to the secretary's office, because - and this is a nice indicator of how fuzzy my head can be sometimes - I had packed the folder in which I wanted to put the printouts, but -wait for it - I forgot to pack the printouts! O_O
Yeah, that's me. I forget things. Then I shake my head about myself. Then I tell the story to everyone I know, until I can laugh about it. *sighs*

Anyway, the next things I had planned was meeting two people for coffee/tea - after each other. Insane? Maybe. Or an indicator of how little time I had during the rest of the month for meeting with people (for tea/coffee). So first I met with Kris (the one with the amazing daily updated blog) in my favourite coffee shop and we talked about soooo many things, especially old books we had and old toys we played with. As it turned out, she had always wanted to have some of those Princess of Powers dolls - of which I had had plenty, and which I had used to make up the most fantastic stories. Fun!

I guess I could have kept on talking with her for ages, but then I had to take this 3min walk over to the next café to meet coffee-drinking-friend number 2. I'd never been to this lovely café before, but I fell in love immediately. Hidden away in a tiny little street, comfy chairs, lovely tea and cake, great decor...and pink restrooms! PINK! OMG!
Friend number 2 is the one good friend I found amongst all my colleagues from uni. Since she has finished her MA and is doing her doctorate right now, I could fill her in on many new things that are transpiring at our department, like the three professors who are going to leave us come summer. I guess we talked for another two hours or more. Wow!

Next I had planned to maybe go into town to shop for swap stuff, but then decided to go home instead. And once home, I decided to read. And read I did! For the rest of the afternoon. About 200 pages, which means another book finished, wohooo! I like "holidays"*. :)
*It's not really holidays right now, it's called "lecture-free time", indicating that we should keep on studying - which I will, of course, on Monday. I'm being good. (and I'm overusing the word "indicating" right now, sorry!)

Anyway, then I took a bath in the evening, and then spent 3 hours watching this wonderful DVD: Jim Henson's The Storyteller. A series made in the 80s (I think 1987/88), consisting of 25min episodes, each telling an old fairytale. There were 9 episodes on that DVD, and I just couldn't stop watching! Sooo lovely.
Afterwards though, I went to sleep of course. That was at 3am. ;)

Saturday, I then slept until about 1.30pm. At least I was entertained during that very long time by the weird dreams I had. :P
The afternoon I spent sewing two patches onto my sister's pair of jeans (I'm being a nice sister right now) while watching my brother swim to two additional gold medals (he had already won three medals in the morning, one gold, one silver, one bronze - he's good, ain't he?) at the Styrian Hall Swimming Championships, or however that should be translated into English. (There's the summer championships, which take place outside, and the winter ones - the ones right now - taking place inside.)
And the rest of the evening? I met some lovely BC friends for dinner. (BC=Bookcrossing)
First we had dinner, and the best paella I ever had (also the first one I ever had, but I could taste with every bite that it was exceptionally delicious!), and talked for 2 hours, then three people left, and Kris and me stayed for another 2 hours just talking and talking and talking. Incredible how long a cup of tea can last.
Anyway, I came back home shortly past midnight, and I was so HAPPY. I still am. Life is good. :)

So tomorrow, or rather today, I will catch up on some sewing, and in the afternoon/evening I will go visit my best friend and we will sort out our photographs and put them into albums. Doesn't sound very exciting, but it's been on my internal to do list for YEARS (yep, they deserve the capital letters), so when I manage that today I should feel even better. :)

I hope everyone who reads this is also doing well! May all sewing machines be repaired and running well, the sun shining moderately and not too hot, the ice melting in other places, and good feelings all around. *stupidly feels like she wants to hug everyone*

Oh yeah, for those who have no clue what I mean by "Princess of Power", here is a very cheesy cartoon picture I found (so I have at least one picture with these many words!). Meet She-Ra, twin sister of the mighty He-Man, and some of her friends:

4 Kommentare:

carolyne hat gesagt…

I used to watch She-Ra, but never had the dolls...
I managed to do a little sewing & knitting this weekend, and the sun was shining, but it is HOT. Over 40C today, and at 11pm it's still 29C.
Glad you're happy :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

I haven't seen She-Ra in ages! (My daughter used to love her.)

The ice is melting here. (Thanks!)

And, a big hug back to you! Lori

Anonym hat gesagt…

So now I've made it here, finally. Looks like I was in for some good reading (like after I finish those grammar books *sadlaugh*).
Wow. That was actually a much longer comment than mine (concerning the paella), and I feel quite bad now that I didn't even mention the friday morning coffee over in my blog. I feel really quite flattered. And enjoyed it just as much. Repeat soon?

(I do hope I can post this. I always seem to problems with these "are you human?"-graphics.)

Anonym hat gesagt…

gee, that sure does bring back memories of childhood cartoons.