Dienstag, Februar 20, 2007

Weekend Fun

This was one exciting weekend, as I've been out and about all the time!
Saturday was the "Go to Vienna to collect ten boxes full of books"-Day. We (=me and three friends) drove up to Vienna in this cool orange "thing" - well, it was a car, I just have no idea how to call this sort of car in English. Sort of like a pickup truck, but with the back covered. Weeell, maybe I'll manage to get a picture.
Anyway, we went over the mountains and far away, picked up another friendly fellow, acted like stupid tourists when driving throught Vienna ("Ooooh, look, that store! Ooooh, look, cute building! Ooooh look!"), then carried those (large, heavy) boxes downstairs and into the car, and then went for something to eat and collecting yet MORE books. Yeeehaw!
When we returned late at night, I had two large boxes of books and a filled-to-the-brim backpack to call my own. Only problem: When, oh when will I read all this stuff?

Sunday was a bit easier: Me and my family (sans le sister because she's in India still, of course) went skiing, wohoo. Had been two years since I'd last used those skiis. Of course, all the snow was artificial, BUT ooooh, the view from the mountaintop! We had totally blue skies and sunshine, and oooh, how beautiful! I could just have stood up there the whole day long!
But no, down the mountain, and up the mountain, and all that jazz - sometimes I think skiing is actually quite stupid, but hey. ;) What was nice was that apparently skiing skills don't fade anymore, meaning that I can get down a mountain in pretty good form and without falling over even once! Hah, when did that last happen?
On the whole, very cozy, as I had throughout the day: two hot chocolates, one hot lemonade, and tea. (And cake.)

And to include yesterday - yesterday I didn't want to study, as I was tired and a little, hm, stretched. You know, that feeling when too much has been going on lately and you just need a little peace. Of course, I did some stuff (loads actually, compared to "normal" days), but nothing too exciting. Collected a few things from uni, took two packages to the post office, and - HIGHLIGHT - went to the fabric store. Just wanted to buy the one fabric that I didn't dare buy the last two times I was there, but because I still kept thinking about it, I did. And then, heh, I bought three other ones as well. My plan is to make at least three of these into skirts, and the fourth fabric was on sale for about 1€ per m, so hah. Anyway, I reckon three skirts for 20€, that's nothing! If I went to a shop, I would get maybe one for that price, and not in funky fabrics like the one I bought. ;)
No pictures right now, but I'll post them at the latest once I get sewing, which will hopefully be Sunday.

Did I already mention that our living room is going to be all empty by Saturday noon? If not, I should mention it again. O_O

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I don't think it will be difficult getting a picture of the car: for my blog, I just copied the one diamondlucy posted in the forum. Or did you want a picture with *only* the car?

Anonym hat gesagt…

ok.. it's the weekend so i am not back on steroids (just kidding) heheh.. your weekend sounds like fun!
I like your acting-like-tourist hehehe

yeah... i know what you mean when everything comes together at once and you feel stretched out. hope you have a good rest.

Anonym hat gesagt…

and good luck with making the skirts! looks like a good fabric deal to me.