Sonntag, Jänner 07, 2007

WordCraft Challenge 1

You may wonder what this is about.
Well, last night, when I gave up writing the report I wanted to write and had already made several things out of pure frustration (pictures in a few days, maybe), I organised the little box with all my threads in it. You know, embroidery thread, that sort of stuff. I had lots of these, and all mixed up in one big mess. So I sorted through that and tidied it all up and put it nicely into one of those clear plastic storage boxes I bought at IKEA earlier this week.
But here's the point - in one of those small paper boxes that I never really opened, because my mum (or grandma even? Probably my mum) had bought those, I found a massive amount of blue thread in two shades. And then, I also had way too much orange and yellow. So I decided to offer some to anyone who could need it. But not just like that.
First, here's a picture of the thingies:













There's 13 DMC 793 (a sort of medium blue, it looks brighter in the picture because of the flash), 7 DMC 791 (dark blue), 2 Anker 0386 and 4 Anker 0332.

But why WordCraft? And why Challenge?
Well, I thought, wouldn't it be fun if crafty people who wanted some of these had to write something to get them? (That's the kind of thing I come up with at around 4am :P)
And I thought, Yeah - let them write poetry!
So, if you are interested in any of these, then please leave a comment, in which you should write which ones of these you are interested in - and a humorous limerick (limericks are always humorous :P) about either yarn, or general crafting. Like this, for example:

There was this one girl in Graz
Who was interested in all the arts
She read books quite a lot
but then often forgot
And so only remembered some parts.

Or

There was this collector of thread
who avoided going to bed
So she stayed up all night
had ideas not so bright
And let others suffer for that.

(Ok, forget that last rhyme :D)

Anyway, the idea should be clear, right?
You can post as many as you want - you have until next Sunday (the 14th).
If too many people want too much thread, I'll see what I'll do about this should the question arise - after all, I'm not so sure whether people are really wild about these thingies or not.
If this is a success though, and I get lots of funny poems to read, I might continue this - with buttons, for example, or ribbon, or whatever. So, get to it!

6 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hehehe, this is fun! (you really WERE up late last night =P I'll tell you the answers to those Q's in my next email). I would love to win one or two orange threads so I shall write an ode to them, hehe...

There once were some orange threads.
They were indeed orange and not reds.
They were very pretty
And so is Meshell's kitty
Says she who is writing from her bed.

=P

Anonym hat gesagt…

lol! hahah... great ideas spring late at night.

hey i will try to get some blue threads. but can't think of poetry at the moment. hmm... will get back in a few days... (hopefully not before they are all gone).

hehe.. meshell is quick!

carolyne hat gesagt…

neat idea barbara :)
I'm interested in each of the colours (if that's not too greedy?)
here's my lame attempt...

there once were 2 crafty girls
on opposite sides of the world
one offered her thread
"i'll swap you some bread,
...or fruchocs" the other one yelled

i got your card today too - thanks so much! totally unexpected, which is the best kind of mail :)

Fel hat gesagt…

Girls, you are fantastic! Haha, I love those two already posted. :D

Anonym hat gesagt…

Sorry for the cursing. Couldn't resist. Don't need the thread. (Obviously.)
Lori DeLozier

There was a young lady with string
who enjoyed words written with zing.
She offered to deal
some string for a spiel--
but I can’t sew shit, that’s the thing.

Anonym hat gesagt…

heheh.. the rests were great!

here's my very lame offering - i tried a 5-7-5 haiku instead. Just couldn't do limericks.

blue, dark blue, orange,
oh those embroidery floss,
Barbara has them.

told you it was lame!