Montag, Jänner 22, 2007

Waiting














I had a talk with my professor on Friday. He said he'd already considered me for the spot - but he wasn't too sure about my theoretical knowledge - whether I would be able to explain literary terminology to other students.
Now, I know this is ony of my weak points, because I lost out on a lot of things during my studies because of, hm, private life interfering. My non-love of secondary literature, which only now is becoming a definite interest in secondary literature, may have "helped" as well.
Anyway, he said he'd let me know by the 30th, as that is when I will be seeing him in his office hour to discuss my thesis.
This means I have about one more week to do what I can to convince him that I CAN handle my terminology.
This means I have to apologise to everyone who is still waiting for certain posts, emails, packages etc. which I feel bad about, but I have to try. Not just to get the job, but because his opinion is quite important to me, and if he says that I could improve on that part of my knowledge, then believe you me, I will try to do so.

I felt like I needed to end this post, and begin my few days absence, with something nice and bright, so please enjoy this lovely picture of a kitten, which I just got off Google Image Search:

1 Kommentar:

carolyne hat gesagt…

Good luck! I'll have my fingers crossed for you getting the job :)
I know how much it means to have the respect & vote of confidence of your supervisors. So don't feel bad for returning to 'real life' for a while! We all have to do it sometime :)