Donnerstag, Jänner 25, 2007

Crossed fingers and toes succeed!

I'm still shaking my head about it with some bewilderment, but - I GOT THE JOB! Wohoooo!

On Tuesday I received this email from my professors secretary that he wanted to see me Thursday morning. "What now?" I thought, but hey, if I would get an aswer earlier on so that I could at least stop worrying about it, OK.
So I went, and he asked whether I had changed my mind since last week, and I just said "Well, I thought about what you said for a long time, but I'm sure I can manage everything." - and he said "Ok, then let's try. " :D I know, doesn't sound terribly enthusiastic on his side, does it? I guess he takes these kinds of things very serious, and laughing and smiling all the time while explaining my future duties would hardly have been fitting. :P SO not to worry. I'm sure he thought a lot about what he's doing - and I'll just prove it to him that he made the right choice. :)

Anyway, I will be working Tuesdays from March onwards (or rather, I'll probably be starting on February 27). I'll actually be employed by my uni. How fun is that? :D
The most fun will be my own office hour. (Yeeees, I will have my own office hour. LOL!) As in, I want to go to the first session of the lecture I'm "responsible" for, introduce myself and tell students to come to my office hour if there are any problems. That's my idea, at least. And I'm already laughing about it, even though (or because?) I can't even imagine that right now. Me + office hour = unbelievable. :D
My colleague will be the girl I might have mentioned - the one who is much much better at the theory stuff than I am. I know her a little, since we already had several courses together, and she's very nice.
I could go on blabbering forever, but I guess I better don't. I'm just really really excited. My first real job! At my uni! With my professor! Yay! And if I will spend half my time in front of the copy machine, so be it! ;)
I'll keep you updated about things go...

...and I shouldn't forget to send a huge THANK YOU!!! to all those lovely people who wished me luck and told me they were sure I would get the job - it was sooo lovely to have some people put their confidence in me when I really didn't have much of it in myself. You're the best. :)

3 Kommentare:

Dy hat gesagt…

Hooray!!! Excellent news, congratulations!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Yaaaay! Congrats! I knew you were a shoe-in for the position =) =)

*dances* xox

So do I have to book an appointment now if I want to speak to you? =P

Anonym hat gesagt…

you will enjoy it!