Freitag, Jänner 19, 2007

Exams are nothing compare to this

After some encouragement from some colleagues who currently fill the post but will be away form Graz by next semester, I have just sent an email to my thesis-supervising professor that I would love to work as his study assistant. Wanna know how long it took me to type that email? Long, very long, with many pauses in between.
So, tomorrow I will have two courses with him. And let me tell you, I will be far more nervous etc than for any of the presentations or exams. I was last Friday when I had first intended to ask him (he had to leave straight after class *curses*). I was for the last few days when I thought about writing this email. I was just now, while writing it, and then even more while hovering over the "Send" button - and tomorrow I will probably freak out somewhat. *sighs*

This would be my first job ever, except for the one 3-week work placement I had way back when I had just turned 18 - and the au-pair stuff, if that counts. My first job. Pfffff. O_O
I hope I hope I hope hope hope he has noticed how much more work I do ever since last March. I hope he thinks I can do it. I hope I can do it. I hope I will do it. I *so* would love to get that job! What could be better than working at your own department while writing your thesis? Getting to know from the inside the system that you were part of for more than 5 years? Properly getting to know the people, the professors, the secretaries, the librarians, all the people you've walked past, talked to, listened to for all these years? And working for the professor who is supervising your thesis and has been responsible for so much improvement in how you study etc?

Fingers crossed, eh?

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Fingers AND toes crossed! That would be wonderful =) I love working at my uni, knowing the ins and outs of things and all that, lol. I hope you get it and I bet you will!

I received your novel, oh...I mean 'letter' (LOL) on Friday! hehehe...thank you so much it was so wonderful! and the postcards, yaaay! I will email you soon and I hope mine gets there soon too =)