Montag, Oktober 02, 2006

Rest and Resolutions

In the danger of sounding paradoxical - soon uni will start again (tomorrow, sort of), and soon I will find some rest and peace again. Haha.
Honestly, paper writing always gets me on edge. In the danger of sounding paradoxical again, my thesis should be so much more fun than those endless term papers! By now they annoy the hell out of me, no matter how interested I might be in the topic and how much I'd love to write about these things.

Anyway, October 1 which just passed here marked the beginning of my new resolutions for the rest of the year, which will hopefully make up for not having any sort of resolutions this past New Years.

They are mainly concerned with spending less - far less. Close to nothing would be preferable, though that will probably not happen.

To achieve this, I have resolved the following (I might miss a few things now, I have a longer list elsewhere):
1. To not buy any more clothes. To help with this, I joined Wardrobe Refashion 06. I think I need the group pressure, uh, group support here.
2. To not buy any more magazines, books etc. I have some exception clauses here:
a) If I absolutely need a book for uni reading and it's gone both from my department's library and the main library, I may consider buying it.
b) If I finish any exams during this term, and my grade is either an A, B or C, I may buy myself one single magazine as a reward.
To further my goals in this respect, I have deleted my credit card information from my Amazon account, YesAsia account and PayPal account.
3. No more other fun but unnecessary stuff like video games, CDs, DVDs, jewellery etc.
4. No more Etsy purchases (unless as per point 5).
5. I will only buy bath stuff when I run out of a certain product. Which means - only when I have close to none toothpaste/shampoo/conditioner/what have you left will I buy a new one. And yes, I may buy these from Etsy, as the stuff they have is good stuff.
6. I will pack my lunch for uni instead of spending good money on not so good food, and for this purpose have ordered and received my own little lunchbox set! Hah. Won't that be cute..by which I mean slightly childish but fun.
7. I will give my credit card to my parents so that when I need - or think I need - to use it I will have to ask them for it. Boy, that should help.
8. I will get bank statements on how my account is doing every Friday - and I will actually look at it. ;)
9. I will buy craft stuff only when a) it's for a definite project, and just the amount I need and b) I know I will actually finish said project within the week. Better to use what I already have though, sure.

I guess that's the main stuff...it should work. :) All these are from October 1st 2006 until January 1st 2007. I guess Christmas will just be sooo great when I can wish for some books etc. Yay!

Something that doesn't fit into the 'saving money' stuff is that I will get back to what used to be my usual weight, which somehow went ballistic since March. The sports courses I signed up for (starting tomorrow! Me and my sister will be learning the coolness of Aikido - I hope - on Mondays from now on. Hah.) should help - although I signed up for them just because I wanted to, and not because of the weight thing.
Hey, at least I'm not joining Weight Watchers! ;)

In other news, I learned yesterday that one of my friends is going to get married next summer.
Now *that's* amazing...

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Yay, go you! Your plan sounds fabulous and very sensible. On Thursday when I get paid I can pay off more of my credit card debt, it is such a relief to see it shrinking! I hope you get your first postcard soon, I am sending your second one today! =) xox