Dienstag, Februar 28, 2012

Week 2, Day 2

I haven't even mentioned what this week is about. Week 1 was about reducing sugar intake (and I mainly used it to reduce remaining sweets in the house and becoming more aware of where sugar is actually hidden). Week 2 I am supposed to learn how to deal with food cravings by eating more healthy fats, like fish, avocado, nuts and seeds. The theory being that sugar just makes you go on eating, but fat (and protein) fill you up. Of course, the main thing is still eating mainly vegetables and proteins and some healthy carbohydrates - I won't be eating crisps and all that now just stuff myself with any kind of fat.
I think this week is also supposed to teach how to deal with cravings in general. Replacing sweet treats with other treats, like drinking a nice cup of tea.

What did I eat today?

Breakfast:
1 bowl of porridge made with spelt milk, with the last of my frozen berries and a lot of linseed added, also some brown sugar because something went wrong and it tasted awfully watery and I almost couldn't eat it at all :( (S)

Lunch:
2 slices of bread with grilled cheese, plus several radishes (7 or 8 maybe?)

Dinner:
half a chicken breast and three small chicken nuggets (S) (I bought these before I was aware there was any sugar added, now they're gone)
salad made of rocket, radishes and cherry tomatoes, with a dressing made with lemon and poppy seed oil
one cup of Kukicha

Keine Kommentare: