Montag, Februar 20, 2012

Week 1, Day 1

I just decided to write down a food diary for these weeks. I have, on several occasions, tried this with a little book that I always carry with me, but I never manage to keep it up for very long. Maybe doing this every day and openly and for a limited period of time will work better.

So, today I had*:
1 large cup of Earl Grey
1 big bowl of porridge (oat milk+oats), with some berries (S), maple syrup (S) and linseed
2 handfulls of small tomatoes
1 cup of yoghurt with herbs
2 hard eggs
and then dinner which was potato salad with mayonnaise (S) and mustard (S), field salad with some poppy seed oil, and some chicken nuggets (S).
Also, I'm just about to make a huge cup of hot chocolate (S), to use up some leftovers (ie. to get rid of sweet things still in the house).

[Edit: I forgot...also about five corn/maize crackers.]

See where the sugar (S) is hiding? Some of these are quite obvious (berries, maple syrup, hot chocolate), some I suspected (mayonnaise, mustard), but what really annoyed me was that there's sugar in the chicken nuggets. Guess I really need to be careful about these convenience foods...anything breaded etc.
While at the grocery store, I also checked some snacks, and soy milk...roasted nuts with added sugar, sugar in the soy milk...
This is going to be interesting, challenging, enlightening. And fun, I guess. :)

*I don't always eat like this, but I slept in today and only went grocery shopping in the evening, so I had to make do with what was still left over from before my one-week-holiday away.

Keine Kommentare: