Sonntag, Oktober 03, 2010

Good things list II

Let's see what this week has offered:

Getting crazy nicknames at work while my colleagues were sick/on holiday (stuff like 'saviour' etc were used, weird, but funny, too)
Mentioning I had a sore throat and a colleague walking up to me 2 minutes later, offering me her three tea packages to choose from
Buying lots and lots and loads of yarn and not feeling guilty about it
Drinking a drink called 'Julia', which, in combination with a healthy dose of laughing, made abovementioned sore throat (plus extra headache) go away for at least one full workday.
Meeting old friends, and new friendly people
Laughing a lot. Like, really a lot.
Messing around with beads, and thus creating a birthday gift that made someone happy
Receiving Postcrossing postcards, cute, funny, crazy, amazing.
The more recent version of The Incredible Hulk movie (watched just now), which is so much better than the first attempt.
Skype phone calls
Joanna Newsom
Finding great uni courses to attend, yay.
Family dinners, helping out in the kitchen - yes, that was a good thing, really!
My cousins, and how they're slowly growing up...they're entering an exciting phase of their life now (they're 11).*
Knitting colourful things.
Driving through the countryside with my new Apocalyptica CD on
Yummy food, and then a nap afterwards
Being thankful, even if not everything is well and good. Being thankful for what is - is good enough.

*I know, it's going to be just as exciting for their parents. ;)

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

:D:D:D<3<3<3

Jane Kaylor hat gesagt…

hope you are getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

i hope it works on you as well.

carolyne hat gesagt…

Hooray for being thankful. Funny you should mention Postcrossing this week: I just (on Sat) got a pile of mail from my old house, from 2007 - 2009 (don't ask me why the new tenants kept the mail without forwarding on, or returning to sender) and within the pile was a Postcrossing postcard from Finland. I haven't used the site since 2006 or 2007, I don't think, but logged on again today! When I have some time, I might register to send some more...