Montag, Oktober 25, 2010

October's CD of the month vote-thingie

Here's the story...some time at the beginning of the year or so, I decided that I wanted to acquire more CDs. I had been living off music lent to me by friends and forgotten about my own favourites. So...I managed to do this for two months (one was Jamie Cullum - The Pursuit, the second was Tori Amos - Abnormally attracted to sin), then I was out of my job and I guess I just forgot about it.
Then, last month, I suddenly remembered. And to catch up, I got myself two CDs at once (Apocalyptica- 7th Symphony, Joanna Newsom - Have one on me, which is one of the best things ever, since it's actually three cds in one box for the price of one, and all three are amazing...amaaaazing). Oh, and my boyfriend bought ("for us", yeah right) the EP of the cute young girl singer we saw at a concert and who I immediately fell in love with (I still haven't posted about that concert, have I? Grah.)
But, this month, I still have to order my CD of the month...and I already have so many ideas, I need a bit of help.

My current possible choices are:
1) Binder+Kriegelstein - New weird Austria (or any of theirs)
This was the main band of said concert, and they were so much fun! Also, who can resist a CD title like that? I didn't buy one straight at the concert because, yeah, you guessed it, I had already got myself 2 CDs that month, plus I couldn't decide which one to get. So, hm. But this was idea #1.
2) Something Elvis Costello. I know about four songs by him, but all of them I really like. So, maybe I should give him more of a chance. (I just checked, and I think "Imperial Bedroom" would be my #1 choice here.)
3) Something Dresden Dolls.
4) Ohhh, there was something else, but I can't recall right now who it was. Maybe I'm imagining things, anyway...

So, uh, let's call it three possible choices, which have several sub-choices. I'm currently leaning towards Elvis Costello, but let me know what you think. :)

4 Kommentare:

ramaryllis hat gesagt…

I can't say anything about Elvis Costello, but I have some local recommendations: Clara Luzia, Marilies Jagsch and Paper Bird. All three make very beautiful, party melancholic, partly upbeat music.

phoenix hat gesagt…

New Weird...hwhat?!
BTW, you can get a lot of Dresden Dolls stuff from me. Just remind me. :)

kris hat gesagt…

i so want a copy of the Apocalyptica -- they had an older album on in "my" coffee shop tonight, and I remembered how much I loved them.

Fel hat gesagt…

@Phoenix: Thanks! That would be great. :D

@Kris: Well, I've got the new one and Reflections, and I borrowed Cult (#3), Apocalyptica (#5) and the first one from my sister. I'm sure something can be arranged...
Btw, if you love cello-based music as much as I do, I just found out about Rasputina, and listened to this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne28N4HcaeI
Not sure if this is representative...and it's quite different from Apocalyptica...but I think I might like them. :)