Freitag, Oktober 29, 2010

The thankfulness virus

For the past few weeks, I've been writing those little lists every week, of good things, things that make me happy, that I am thankful for.

Of course I am not the only one doing this.

I just found this story, and it is beautiful.
I've been reading this blog for a few weeks now, and it's a good almost daily reminder to be thankful for the little things, or the weird things, or the things that at first don't even look that amazing.

There is, of course, much more like this out there, but these are a good starting point.

Also, yesterday, I watched 'Willkommen Österreich' (which I normally don't), and Matthias Lanzinger came on. Hearing him talk about his experience (of having his left lower leg amputated after a skiing accident around 2 years ago), and his responses to the questions put to him, for me really drove the point home that a positive outlook on things can be inredibly powerful.

It's an easy exercise to try. Give it a shot, and let me know what happens. :)

Keine Kommentare: