Sonntag, September 26, 2010

Good things

Sometime in the past week I read this here, and thought, well, interesting - that does sound a lot like concepts I heard of before (visualisation, writing lists of what you're thankful for every day etc), just replacing the universe at large with the internet (or so it seems at first glance).
Essentially, it's not much different though...defining clearly what you like, what you want, and putting it on 'paper'. Writing things down, and thus making a clear choice, is very often the core exercise of these things, it seems.
Well. Sometimes earlier this year I bought myself a beautiful notebook (because I love beautiful notebooks, and an excuse to buy a new beautiful notebook is beautiful in itself), and tried to write, for every day, one page of positive affirmations for the day in the morning, and one page of things I was grateful for that day in the evening. I kept that up for maybe two weeks, then added it to the row of beautiful notebooks bought for beautiful reasons, 1/50 filled with beautiful things, sitting on my shelf. Hm.
I feel like this is a waste of both beautiful notebooks and beautiful ideas.
From today on, I'll be doing something different. I will collect a weekly post, filled with things I was grateful for that week - I can keep track of them by simply adding things to a draft version of the post. At the end of every week, I'll have a beautiful summary of all the good things that happened during the past seven days, and, who knows, by posting this, maybe more good things in the future.

I only started this post on Thursday, but here are the good things I remember best:

*The whole of Monday afternoon/evening - receiving my Caterpillar mug, talking for ages, shooting crazy pictures, being high on caffeine (in the best possible way)
*The amazing weather we've been having - September is my favourite month of the year. The skies are clear and bright bright blue, there is sun, it's neither too hot or too cold, a slight breeze is easily found when you need one, and I don't feel silly wearing scarves anymore. ;)
(Oh, and I can knit again. Even during the day.)
*Taking a deep breath and meeting with friends after all the stress I put myself in doing my freelance work for friends and job-people.
*Seeing my sister again after her month-long travels, and helping her and her boyfriend move in together. I am grateful for her gratefulness. She was sooo happy and excited. As was he. Teheee. :)
*Starting on my cultural studies reading while sitting in the late afternoon park, with couples and relaxed people playing games everywhere around me.
*Finishing some things, like blocking two scarves which have been lying around for the whole of summer.
*Talking about some more serious things than daily routine, DSA or whatever with my boyfriend...sometimes it's hard to get to that level when we hardly see each other, but I managed to provoke ourselves into doing it. ;) (
Nothing bad, no 'serious' talk of whatever, just getting below that everyday surface level...)
*Gaining more and more confidence concerning my half-formed ideas of seriously going freelance.
*Winning cards for a concert, attending that concert with my boyfriend, and having a blast - goosebumps and hilarity so close together. Loved it.
*Going out in my new miniskirt, and getting compliments. Hm.
*Loads of new yarn!
*Starting a new pattern, which is intriguing and beautiful.
*Yarn and bead and all other kinds of craft stores.
*Zelda
*Cuddling in the dark
*Sleeping in
*Watching midday comedy after waking from aforementioned long long sleep
*Delicious lunch, delicious dinner
*Beautiful sunsets

I think that's quite a nice list. :)
More of that, please. ;)

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

tickets ;-) (sorry :-))

I like this weekly post idea.

Anonym hat gesagt…

PS: I also visited this soon-to-be-closed yarn shop today and bought circular needles (since my favourite yarn colours were already gone...).