Donnerstag, September 23, 2010

Green

Apparently, there do exist...bright green Innocent smoothies!


Amazing, just like all the others - and not just the colour.
Little side note: I think Innocent smoothies were all that helped me stay healthy during my Erasmus stay in London, and the ensuing diet of toast with cheese, potatoes with cheese, and hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream (which they sold right next to the library...pure evil). I only had a toaster and a microwave to cook with, otherwise I would have eaten differently of course. But yeah, those smoothies (and maybe the occasional sushi takeaway) definitely saved my life. ;)

Back to the green theme...look what was finally blocking a couple of nights ago:



The colour is hard to see in these, I know. One day I will have a better camera.
Anyway, the pattern is Cinnamon Grace*, and I did it in Fyberspates Nef Sock.
Knitting this was dreamy, the yarn is 70% alpaca, 20% silk and 10% cashmere...I literally couldn't stop knitting, I didn't want to let go of the stuff.


Taking pictures while wearing it...yep, those are really great pink socks, courtesy of Sue**.


And here, finally, a decent picture of the colour...I *do* believe this is the exact colour of spring, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.
The pattern has a picot edge, which for some reason turned out funny when I did it (I had the same edging on my Fetching mittens, and everything went fine there, so...no idea). Instead of little nubbs (picots, yeah), I got little...loops. Hm. I think it looks sweet and funny, but still, I wish I knew what I did wrong. Any ideas?

*I called my version 'Green Meadow', because, honestly, not much cinnamon in there. Spring! Not winter. ;)
**Who I think had/has a really niceblog, but I lost the address. :P

5 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Grah, OpenID always eats my comments! What I meant to say:

-love the new colours, very pretty. But not enough contrast, can't read the light blue on white.

-Sue has not been blogging in ages, but here it is: http://besue.livejournal.com/

-smoothies: if it's green, why isn't there any cucumber in there? :p

-above all, scarf: lovely, lovely, *drool*, *want* :)

Fel hat gesagt…

Thanks for the link!
No cucumber because I guess that wouldn't make it much greener, but there was a hint of spinach and nettle. :)
I tried to improve the contrast, but...yeah, I know, blue on blue will always be slightly problematic.

Anonym hat gesagt…

wouldn't you know, i had a smoothie called "purple poetry" today. no cucumber in there either, but plum and guava.

Fel hat gesagt…

Gotta love SF. ;) I'd drink something called 'purple poetry' any day...every day, probably.

phoenix hat gesagt…

Loving SF (although currently the other kind).
Trying to get along with Purple Prose rather than exterminating it (as suggested by my Creative Writing teacher)... Well, at least that. Wish I had a smoothie. ;))