Montag, September 20, 2010

Happiness molecules...

...surging in clouds around friends are infective in the best possible ways.

I'll probably move over to Wordpress some time soon, but for now I'll still post here...a little list of happy things. :)

1) A short while ago I finally received the present I'd made myself for finishing my on-the-side training. It deserves a post of its own, but here's a teaser...the prettiest packaging I've seen so far:


2) I babysitted the cutest, cuddliest, purringiest (hm...) cats you could imagine for a few days, which was great - I can't have my own (allergies, bleh), so sometimes 'borrowing' some kitty cuddling from friends is just the thing, plus they were really cute, and I got to be in this lovely flat with a great view and full of great books, and did I mention the cats were really cute?
Anyway, for all my 'pains' in taking care of them, I received a present. A Giant Flying Mug (forget those saucers) which will destroy all the buildings that ruin *my* view. Mwahaha.

I know, it looks so cute and harmless, but just wait for when I unleash its (solar-powered) superpowers!

Here it comes now...watch out!

Arrr! Nom nom nom...
(It IS called the Very Hungry Caterpillar...)

Hehehe.


3) I also did something very out of character or out of my comfort zone, whatever - I went and bought myself a miniskirt. Why is this out of character? Because for years and years, I believed I needed to hide my legs. Crazy mindset for a twenty-something, huh? I bought shortish (ie knee length) skirts sometimes and then didn't wear them. Pffff. Then I went out last Saturday in a dress, and looked at myself in mirrors, and decided I was being ridiculous.
So today, off I went and bought myself an equally ridiculous 5€-skirt. Yep, the scarf cost me more...

(I know it's just a black tube and I could SO make it myself, but the thing is, I never do, do I? At least not until I finally find a place to set up my sewing machine...)

And the scarf is totally made of WIN - because, lookie, it has two sides! I mean, two differently printed sides! *love*


4) If my SuperMug should fail me, my knitting can still take over..

Die, stupid high-rise!

Or be trapped forever in my yarn-over-labyrinths! Mwaha...

Okay, no more coffee. For, hm...well, at least today. :P

7 Kommentare:

phoenix hat gesagt…

Ooh, I'm so happy my happiness seems to be contagious! And I _did_ tell you about the caterpillar monster I'm inventing, didn't I? The Very Hungry Caterpillar looks very nice eating up that high-rise (... not sure if "nice" is the appropriate word here, but you catch my drift). ;)

Fel hat gesagt…

Can't wait to see that caterpillar monster (and yes, you told me about it, and it sounds great)! I keep thinking about the door-spiders from Unlondon (did they have a specific name? I forgot.) and I'd *so* love to hang a crocheted one in my window...if only I could crochet. Heh. Maybe they will be incentive enough to finally try it out. ;)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Grah, a Very Hungry Caterpillar mug? Whatever I'm getting, it can't be that good!!!!! *faints*

(re. legs: old silly, didn't you show off those legs enough when you were a competition dancer?)

Fel hat gesagt…

Yeeees, but that wasn't real life, really. Everyone around me was dressed like that. I was hiding in a crowd of same-looking people. Quite a difference.
Although I still AM proud of those pictures. ;)

Anonym hat gesagt…

what a cute lil' caterpillar monster ;-))

phoenix hat gesagt…

...Did you mean the Black Windows? ;)

Fel hat gesagt…

Yes! Black Windows. Exactly. Thanks. :D