Freitag, September 24, 2010

Goodbye yarn

After hearing rumours a few days ago I cleared things up for myself today - my favourite yarn store is closing down. There are many memories attached to that store...childhood memories of yarn shopping with my mum for my next fall sweater...my mum getting me my very first yarn to knit with there (which I still have somewhere...hm)...and in the past few years, a lot of happy time spent browsing their yarns by myself, thinking about projects to make for friends. Their yarns were sorted by colour, which was sooo pretty. Still is, of course, but things are selling out fast now (everything is half price right now).
I talked to the owner, and I fully understand why she's taking this step - rent has gone up far too high. And she won't be opening a new store somewhere else, because she decided she wants to take things more easily. She's moving to Carinthia, and will most likely be holding weekend courses for things like wool dying with plants etc, and she gave me her phone number so I can check up on what's going on, so if everything works out right, I'll some day be learning to dye my own wool (yay, finally!) at some beautiful place surrounded by green stuff. (Another of her reasons to stop - she wants to get out of the city...another notion I sometimes understand all too well.) But still, my yarny needs will have to be filled by the other (three?) yarn stores we have.

Anyway...I didn't get what I came to buy, because everything red and violet had already completely sold out...so of course I had to buy some other stuff. Lots of other stuff.

That's 18 balls of yarn right there. And I'm probably going back Monday. Yeeehaw!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

A pity that the shop is closing - but on the other hand there a still about three, four nice yarn shops in town.