Samstag, Dezember 30, 2006

Another year over...

So, since I'm going away this evening to celebrate with some friends tomorrow, I have to say a few things about this year of 2006, which turned out much better than I thought at it's beginning.

It started badly (who ever wants to start a new year crying?), and had another low point in February, but strangely enough, these two bad things actually set the direction for the year, which led me to this point where I am now, with my happy social life, friends around the world and so many things to look forward to. Strange how things turn out sometimes...

I got back from my Erasmus term in London in late January, and then had another two weeks of hard work for this paper I had to rewrite. Then the low point in February, but then, lo and behold, Miss Lazypants suddenly turned into Miss Motivated and signed up for 11 uni courses, and enjoyed them all (and finished them all, no more dropping out). Then summer, and big changes, hard won changes. (I read my horoscope for 2007 a week or so ago, in some sort of magazine, and it said there that 2006 would have been a year of great changes for me...then I remembered that I *had* read that in previous year's horoscope and had disregarded it with a laugh...) And a new term, with 12 courses, and sports courses, and new people and friends pouring into my life.

Ok, noone is going to be able to make any sort of sense of what I'm writing right now, I'm sorry. It's a fine balance to strike between saying things and not falling into a rant. I could rant about some things - but I'll spare you the stuff.

Anyway. What does my horoscope say for next year? That I will be able to make good use of the changes that have happened this year. That I will not fall back again into old patterns of behaviour (if this is true, nothing can go wrong anymore, I'm safe, hah). That I will be able to do something really good in summer/September (when my thesis should be finished and the final exam taking place, so fingers crossed). That someone special will turn up who can be relied upon (so maybe, someone I haven't seen enough of to have any sort of well-founded opinion about but still managed to gain my interest without so many words will return and show his face again? Hm? *ponders*).
If these things have any value in them, I should have a fantastic year. A hard one too (after all, 2006, which turned out great in the end, was quite hard in many parts), most likely, but ooooh, if it turns out good in the end, it will all be worth it, I suppose.

I'm not going to put up any resolutions here. If I did, they would sound quite familiar: Buy less stuff. Make more stuff. Save money. Work hard.
So, I'll just say that I'll try to make the best of things as they come. Go me. :)

May everyone who reads this blog, and worked their way through this post, have the best possible start into 2007, and may the year continue as good as it starts, and then get better! I'll see you again when the numbers have changed...

*wanders off into the sunset, whistling*

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I'm glad you can look back on 2006 and say it was a good year. Mine was good too, but then, I pretty much never have bad years. It's just a matter of being able to see the positive in all things.
Hope that you see 2007 in with smiles and laughter!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Dear Barbara, Such is life: the good, the bad and the ugly, ha! Some people seem so good at "taking things in stride"--I, however, am NOT one of them. (The sensitive, artistic types never are.) (Sounds good, anyway, huh?) I hope your 2007 is all about the GOOD! (If you enjoy horoscopes, do an engine search on Free Destiny Card Readings and see what you think of that.) (If you have trouble, let me know and I'll mail you the link.) HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY
NEW YEAR! Love, Lori DeLozier
PS--Thanks for the notes on my blog. I always look for you there. L

Anonym hat gesagt…

A little late but Happy new year Barbara! All the best to you with everything.
Hehe.. I like the part about "resolutions" - "Buy less stuff. Make more stuff. Save money. Work hard.". How true.
Yeah, let's make the best of things as they come.