Donnerstag, Dezember 21, 2006

Now I lay me down to sleep

...with my assignments written (although I missed an important point about them, which I will talk about with my professor tomorrow - reading instructions *properly* a few days before the text is due IS helpful indeed, or rather, would have been. :P)
...with a nice book to read (Pride and Prejudice, which I last read when I was around 17 or so - this time it's for uni, but I'll enjoy the whole business tremendously!)
...with only tomorrow to go until it's finally Christmas holidays!

Today I went into town after uni, to get a few more presents together, and I pretty much hated it all, I was tired and headachy, and all the crowds and hustle and bustle and music in the shops and in the street and the lights - it just annoyed me. I'm sorry to say so, but it did. Thankfully, next year there probably won't be 12 courses to do work for at uni, and I'll do the little bit of Christmas shopping I need to do early enough to be able to avoid town on these last few days before we finally all settle down for some quiet quality time.

This evening, thankfully, I did some cookie baking. My mum did one batch of cookies yesterday (which I missed), and then one today (which we arranged beforehand so I could do the work my mum loaths and I love - we made Vanillekipferl today, and when they're out of the oven, you have to cover them in this mixture of powder sugar and vanilla (sugar), something my mum hates to do, but I really like it, for some reason - childhood memories, I suppose).

And tomorrow, once I'm home from uni, massage course and climbing course, I'll take a loooong hot bath and say hello to the happy times ahead. :)

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hey, Barbara,
MERRY CHRISTMAS, way over there!
Ho!Ho!Ho! Lori DeLozier

Anonym hat gesagt…

I hope you enjoy P&P - I love Jane Austen! I'm reading Mansfield Park right now. People are always amazed at what I read for fun (now that school's over, I find that I read even MORE!)