Freitag, Juni 29, 2012

Good things come in threes (or trees?)

I have three plans, or programmes, or resolutions, which will come in effect within the first few days of July. They are:

1. To once again go through the "Quit Sugar" programme, this time with additional help from my recently purchaced fructose-intolerance book. (My initial programme lasted 8 weeks, I'm not sure yet what the second book recommends.)

2. To work through "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. Summer 'holidays' as determined by university last from July through September, which should give me the 12 weeks needed.

3. To abstain from buying new clothes, yarn, accessories etc for at least 3 months, with some possible exceptions: a new pair of jeans (I have certain conditions which need to be met before I may buy those), a simple black bag large enough to carry all my (uni) stuff in, a bra from a store where they take my measurements (because I'm sick of being unsure of the right size), the yarn my aunt sort of gifted to me at Christmas and which I still haven't bought yet, one instance of perfume in whatever form (solid, spray, whatever; I do have something specific in mind, but I may wait until it's a little cooler to get it), a new pair of sandals should my old one fall apart, maybe a bikini should I feel up to it (as of right now, I don't), possibly new headphones, and maybe some basic black or white shirts for some self-designed shirts I have in mind. Nothing else. I know, this already sounds like a large list for an abstinence period, but my goal is not to buy nothing, it is to be more focused. As I don't buy much clothing etc anyway, I really don't want to waste what budget I have on things I don't really need.

Now, keeping to these three things should make me healthy, wise and rich by the end of the summer. ;)
Haha.
In all honesty, they should really just help me focus my life a little. As I said, this is, once again, a period of change, and I want that change to go in the right direction. (By the way, I'm not complaining about change - at the beginning of the year, I demanded change, I challenged change, and I'm getting it, so...all's well.)

Anyway, back to work!

1 Kommentar:

ramaryllis hat gesagt…

In case I didn't mention this forum somewhere already ... here you can find recommendations on how to find the right bra size: http://busenfreundinnen.net/