Samstag, Juni 16, 2012

Fun Finds

I found a few nice things today which I thought I'd mention. These are pretty random, but maybe someone else will find something interesting (or fun) in them as well.

First, this blog (in German) by a woman from Vienna who is abstaining from buying any new clothes for 2012. Now, this idea is not at all new to me, as a repeat participant in the now sadly defunct Wardrobe Refashion, and a generally rare clothes store customer, so I'm wondering a little at the amount of press she's getting. Maybe the idea is still quite new to the greater public? Or this is just the right time for something like this to come along? Or being a representative of Global 2000 helps as well?
Anyway, I've added it to my blog list and guess I will learn a thing or two from following her experiences.

Second, I just rediscovered Dy's blog yesterday, looking through my archives. I thought she'd disappeared from the internet, just like her daughter, but apparently she returned this January, with a new blog. Also a nice read, since she and her husband left Perth some months ago to live the good life on their own ground, raising chicken and all that. Lots of preserving, fish catching, sustainable living going on. Admirable.

Third, these guys make cool things from used firehoses (and share my love of silly puns, I guess). A little expensive, I think, but a nice idea. I especially like the belts. (Short German interview here.)

Fourth, apparently there is a prize given to books which is shared by the author and the translator. Nice! German interview with this year's winner here.

And finally, two pictures.

I think these are quite ingenious. Sadly, no idea who makes them, or if they are made at all.

And - this:


Keine Kommentare: