Sonntag, Juli 08, 2012

Last week, next week

I have to admit I had a less than ideal first week in this new decade of life. Things were little hectic finishing some of my work, then I got ill just on time on my birthday, spent 3 days recovering while simultaneously suffering from a heat wave (no fun drinking tea and lying in bed when it's above 30° outside and your flat faces southwest). I then looked forward to getting a new haircut, which ended in something of a desaster. I've recovered now, but at the beginning I was really the opposite of happy. I know that short haircuts have their dangers, but I'd brought photos and all that, so I thought it would work out. Well, it didn't, and I only really noticed when I was home. I then decided to just rebleach my roots and it would look much better already, then wait for a month or so and check out a different hairdresser. Applied bleach, accepted the usual burning sensation - then suddenly had some sort of extreme allergic reaction (which I never had before). Itched, swooned, panicked, washed everything off, took meds. This resulted in my roots not turning blonde completely (hello orange), my face (and hands, and ears) being red and slightly swollen for the rest of the evening (real fun, since we had guests) *and* the next day, and me swearing this was the last time for at least a while that I bleached my hair (which means going back to dark soon).
At least the weekend has been quite acceptable. I've resolved to wear some sort of headband for the next few weeks (pretty scarves etc) to make this haircut work for me (but I still really hope some other hairdresser can actually make it look the way I'd like it to look...and not that it's simply impossible for my hair, or my face, or whatever); and I've got some work done, and I've been to a nice birthday party, and I've made some plans.

Anyway, next week! Tomorrow I'll be starting to write down what I eat again, but I won't be posting this, except maybe in weekly updates. Week #1 means reducing sugar, not yet giving up completely.
Also, tomorrow I'm supposed to start doing my morning pages, and I'm dreading this a little, since I'm known to sleep in as long as possible and sometimes even a smidge later. ;) But maybe I'll actually manage to get up 15 minutes earlier to write them. That would be REALLY great. I've not yet settled on a specific idea for an artist's date, but I'm sure something will come to mind.
There's also a lot of other things to do, nice ones (visiting my nephew, getting to see "Man of La Mancha" as a birthday present), and good ones (doing more freelance work, applying for a grant), and maybe somewhat annoying ones (taking my boyfriend to hospital for a long-awaited operation, nothing terrifying, but annoying nevertheless). And maybe I'll finish some more posts which have been languishing in a half-written state for a while, and *maybe* I'll even find a chance to finally knit something again. We'll see. :)

Keine Kommentare: