Sonntag, Juli 15, 2012

June Reading

I just realised, I never made my June reading update. Even though I finally read a little more, again!
It's just two books, I just realised. It felt like much more. I guess it's the stuff I've been reading since the beginning of July which made me think that. Anyway:
Roald Dahl's Incredible Chocolate Box
Neil Gamian, Anansi Boys
Reading Anansi Boys was just so much fun I must have thought that June was much more bookactionfilled than I thought.
Oh, here's the thing - I read the beginning of two books, namely "The Gift" by Alison Croggon and "The Lies of Locke Lamora" by Scott Lynch, because I gifted them to my boyfriend for his birthday and, just to check I hadn't given him something silly, I read the first few pages of each of them. I liked them, too. (More on "The Gift" once July is over, I guess.) And after May, where I only, and sporadically, touched American Gods, this must have been quite a rush to my poor dried-up system.
I have to say, I really enjoyed Anansi Boys much more than American Gods, and I don't think that's entirely due to my very, very drawn-out reading of the latter. It was just so much more fun, more compact, and probably also a little easier on me. American Gods is essentially a road movie with a lot of little interesting episodes. Anansi Boys felt more like a really rounded novel, one interesting plot with many interesting characters which in the end all nicely fit together, just like the Pratchett books I used to read. Things which seem disconnected and make no sense at first suddenly interlocking like the perfect puzzle pieces they are. I did not have the same sense of completion with American Gods. I still like it, and it is immensely clever and interesting, and it has Loki in it, but, yeah, Anansi Boys will probably be my favourite son. :P
I can't say much about the Roald Dahl. It's, like, 50 pages, if at all. And it just lists chocolate facts in big, easy to reads print. It's fun for the half hour it takes you to leaf through it. It has excerpts from books and not quite random facts about Roald Dahl. It's nice. And, see, that's really all I can say about it.
Just wait for the July update. That one is going to be MASSIVE. :D *happydance* Oh, I've missed reading so much SO MUCH! :) (ie this much so much, if that makes more sense)

Keine Kommentare: