Montag, Juli 09, 2007

Nr. 25

I have now been 25 years old for a week.
Do I feel older? Do I feel worse? Do I hear my bones crack whenever I walk?
No, I don't feel older. I feel pretty good.
No, I don't feel worse. I feel so much better than last year.
Yes, sometimes I do hear my knees make funny noises, but they have done so for ages. :P

The last year, or let's say the last 11 months, have been so exciting, so much fun! So much has happened that it is almost incredible to believe, and all of it "just" because I finally got out of a non-working relationship. All the friends I've made! All the things I've learned, I've done!

I remember very well last August, when I finally made the cut, and started on GYS, and then suddenly got into contact with all these wonderful people. Some I only emailed with for a little while, while we were preparing our respective packages, but some people, well... I still read their blogs. I still admire what they do, and how they do it. I'm still in some form of contact with them.

I got reintroduced into the world of crafting, and even though it hasn't made me a crafter so far, because I have too many different interests (and loads to study) to be so in any serious way, I now have lots of ideas, lots of beautiful books, some plans, and - which is probably most important - I learned so much about the possibilities that are out there.

I also spent a lot of money on Etsy, but well, it was (mainly) money well spent. ;)

I want to thank everyone who has made a difference, and I think that is everyone who reads this blog.

And, well, although I know it is gushingly, cloyingly oversweet etc, I am happily in love. Next weekend it will be three months (13 weeks, exactly), and for a girl who, for ages, though that noone else (but her very weird first boyfriend) would ever love her, and that she could probably never find anyone nice ever, and didn't deserve to anyway etc etc, this is fantastic. This is amazing. This is so unbelievable that yes, I am counting the weeks, and yes, I do mark certain events in my calendar, and yes, I do post this on my blog even though it's probably silly.

I guess sometimes you just have to be a little silly.



Thanks everyone!

5 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Aww, what a postitive, lovely post! That was great to read, I'm so happy for you Barbara! (and I LOVE Calvin & Hobbes, hehe) x

Dy hat gesagt…

I'm glad to hear you are so happy! :-) And Happy Birthday for last week!

Dawn hat gesagt…

I am so happy to hear that you are in love! Makes my eyes all misty for you! I remember being in love!
Also Happy belated Birthday! I hope it was a wonderful day and that you got lots of gifts!

carolyne hat gesagt…

just as well i got in early with the gift cos i kinda forgot your birthday last week: eek!
your happiness comes across so well in this post :) so, so heartwarming to feel it.

Anonym hat gesagt…

happy belated birthday! onwards and forwards and many many happy returns!

you are so right barbara! it seem so long ago now.. but it really started with GYS huh?

thank you to you too for keeping in touch!