Mittwoch, Juli 11, 2007

Friends and football

I received a letter today from my friend Kris, who is currently doing research in northern Australia. (Thank you!)
For some reason she sent a football card. (Let me know why at some stage, eh? Not that I'm complaining or something. ;D) And lookie, it is a golden one! Very pretty, considering. It shows the (previously unknown to me) "Gold Trio" of Shane Tuck, Kane Johnson and Brett Deledio. I think their club is the "Richmond Tigers".
Now, if I had any idea at all about Australian football, maybe this would be even more exciting. Maybe someone who reads this knows them?
Also, do people actually collect these cards? Is there any chance this little card will make me rich and sponsor my lazy student lifestyle until I get very old and die?
Probably not.
Well, better hope my prof really wants to keep me at my current post as he said he possibly would yesterday. (Oh please, please, yes!)

************************

Oh yeah, I also found this nice quote today:

"You make a living by what you get.
You make a life by what you give."
-Winston Churchill

5 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ehehe! I know what you're on about, I think most Aussie's would =P BOoooRING! (Mr M and my family will kill me for that), but very Aussie.

And Mr M would want me to tell you that the Geelong Cats are the best team. =P

Anonym hat gesagt…

i will second meshell.. it's boring! Melbourne is the home of footy. it's like rugby. hhaha.. sorry can't tell you more than that..

Anonym hat gesagt…

Not that I know anything about footie either (except that quite a few of "my" people here like West Coast Eagles. And that, if I could be bothered to watch football (or indeed any televised sporting events), I might feel attracted to the Crows, if only for the fact that they are sporting German colours. :)
But why did I send you the weird thing in the first place? Well, quite simply because it fit into the envelope. And because Sue liked it. http://besue.livejournal.com/4741.html
(And it gives me a welcome excuse to eat chips now and again... :))

Anonym hat gesagt…

hey barbara... i bet you are reading HP now ;)

Anonym hat gesagt…

ah..barbara exams.. they are always at the wrong time! don't worry, be a good girl it will be worth it! good luck for your exams too!