Mittwoch, Mai 09, 2012

Food Update

Maybe you're wondering what happened to my "Getting rid of sugar" - resolve.

Well, as expected/feared, Easter turned out to be a little disastrous in the sugar department, and for some reason the weeks afterwards I just ate whatever I wanted, not always the best choices either. Chocolate bars, cake, lots of drinks (all those birthday celebrations because all my classmates are turning 30...), stuff like that.
Of course, that didn't really contribute to my wellbeing. :P

I have now (maybe for the past one or two weeks) started to reduce sugar again, eat more veggies, all of that. Not yet perfectly, not yet really avoiding it, but significantly reduced, yes. And I'm already feeling much better again.

I am currently a little conflicted on how to continue. There is a wedding in May, or rather, there is a hen night and two days of wedding (civil, church). I guess there will be food and cake, and I can't really see myself not eating wedding cake. ;)
June there are several birthdays, with the celebration of my own at the end of it. And I can't really see myself not eating my own birthday cake, either.

So, I guess cutting out sugar as completely as possible will have to wait until somewhere around the beginning of July. Until then, further reduction, and I'll definitely need to find a way to prepare my own lunch for workdays - everything I usually get also has some sugar content, as tiny as it may be.
At least I now have an additional book to help me make the best of it when the time comes. Although cutting out onion and garlic as well (and other things, as the book recommends) for several weeks will not be fun at all. :P

Keine Kommentare: