Dienstag, März 10, 2009

Random Acts of Mending

The beginning of this WR run was, for me, marked by doing some mending (3 pants fixed and once again wearable! Ditto one jumper and a dress) and some finishing (weaving in ends on two scarves I knit, sewing the perfect button to my Calorimetry 2). I also pulled a few more refashion-designated items from my wardrobe.
What's on the line right now:

- Fixing, or having fixed, the very ripped and sad-looking lining on my once-and-for-always-favourite jacket
- Deciding about a couple of unplannedly felted wooly things
- Fixing the pocket on my winter coat (and anything else I might find wrong with it before putting it away - it's getting so much warmer!)
- I'd love to make a few simple headbands, if I find the right materials in my stash.
- And, of course, to continue knitting!

Not included in WR per se is jewellery, *but* I've finally begun to take apart the big bag of cheaply-sold beaded things which I got on Etsy more than a year ago, which I want to remake into things more suited to my taste (or that of my friends, whichever). I also grabbed a couple of necklaces (my own) which I had designated for remaking but now decided I still want to wear them as they are.

I wanted to write about something else, but forgot what it was. If a new post follows minutes after this one, so be it.

Keine Kommentare: