Mittwoch, Februar 13, 2013

Lent

After a thoroughly uneventful Shrove Tuesday (except for a change in hair colour, but technically that happened on Monday) which I spent at the office (yes I'm back at the office again, temporarily), and then cleaning up our apartment, scrubbing the bath (green everywhere, heh) etc, I feel like I should still make some sort of commitment for Lent. I thought about it for a while. Alcohol is always a great idea, but as I'll be spending next week with a group who will definitely place a glass of wine in front of me every evening, no matter what, and there's several birthdays coming up as well, this one seems a little hard to do. Going off Facebook also seems neat, but as there's several people who only ever contact me via FB, and I sometimes need to check on things my computer game-developing clients (hehe, 'clients'...) post, this is also not as feasible as I would like it to be.
Instead, I chose, maybe somewhat cowardly, coffee and chocolate. Cowardly because I'm already trying to avoid them anyway. And because I don't desperately need my morning coffee like some do. Still, it might help. I'll try the Quit Sugar thing again come spring, so this should prepare me somewhat as well.

What I'm also trying to get rid of (I can't avoid it per se, but I really don't want it) is all that anxiousness about people's reactions towards me. My hair is now an anime-worthy shade of emeral green and basically looks like I'm test-driving a wig for Comic-Con. People WILL react to that. I generally have this instinct to try to hide, and to fret endlessly about what people will say. And you know what? So far my colleagues have said nothing but "Ooooh, great! Awesome! Keep it like that! Great colour!", and even if they didn't, what would it matter? Instead of worrying I should rather go out there with a big smile. So that's what I'll try to do. After all, it's not like this is going to wash out tomorrow. ;)

And maybe I'll manage to get back to getting rid of some unnecessary stuff every day. You know, throw away some redundant paper stuff (old magazines, study materials I will never again need or even look at, random papers), get rid of old cosmetics, register some books for Bookcrossing (and set them free), stuff like that. A little every day, and suddenly there's a whole lot of space on all the shelves - at least that's what I'm hoping for. :)

2 Kommentare:

carolyne hat gesagt…

I've just started to clear some space on my bookshelves too - need to start somewhere along the road to converting the spare room to a nursery!
And I want to see pics of your hair, please!

ramaryllis hat gesagt…

I second that "pics of your hair. please!" request :-)