Sonntag, Jänner 06, 2013

2012 Book List

So, here is my reading list for 2012, as complete as it gets. It doesn't include some things I read for uni (all those short stories and papers), and probably not all the audiobooks I listened to, but I think otherwise it should be complete. I don't have the author for every book, especially for the beginning months, maybe I'll add those later.
I also started several books and didn't finish them. They won't be mentioned here.

1. The Wee Free Men
2. A hat full of sky
3. Wintersmith
4. I shall wear midnight (all four by Terry Pratchett)
5. The English Patient
6. Return to Harken House
7. 12 balls of yarn for Granny Owl (my own translation)
8. The God of Small Things
9. Midnight's Children
10. Things fall apart
11. Disgrace
X. One Piece #1-61
12. American Gods, by Neil Gaiman.
13. Roald Dahl's Incredible Chocolate Box
14. Neil Gamian, Anansi Boys
15. Neonomicon - Alan Moore
16. The Gift (1st Book of Pellinor) - Alison Croggon
26. Y: The Last Man 1-10 - Brian K. Vaughan (+ various artists)
27. Quite ugly one morning - Christopher Brookmyre
28. The Songs of Distant Earth von Arthur C. Clarke
29. Gamekeeper - Guy Ritchie (Andy Diggle, Mukesh Singh)
30. Elaine St. James - Living the simple life
31. Know Alls Facts of Life
32. Dr. Seuss - Oh, the places you'll go
33. Alina Pete - Weregeek Volume 1 - The Geek Within
34. One Piece #63
35. Roald Dahl - Kuschelmuschel (engl. title: Switch Bitch, 4 short stories)
36. Truman Capote - Frühstück bei Tiffay
37. Michelle Goodman - My so-called freelance life
X. Jim Dodge - Fup (read by Harry Rowohlt) (audiobook)
X.  Banana Yoshimoto - Kitchen (read by Jessica Schwarz) (audiobook)
X.  Giovanni Boccaccio - Decamerone (novella 5, 16, 18, 20 and 28) (audiobook)
X. That scary Neil Gaiman short story (audiobook)
38. Grüne Smoothies (GU)
39. The Anti 9-5 Guide, Michelle Goodman
40. Wishcraft, Barbara Sher
41. Bonjour Tristesse, Francoise Sagan
42. Nero Corleone, Elke Heidenreich
43. Focus on Facts #5 Unsolved Mysteries, Neville Randall + Gary Keane
44. Hubert spannt aus und andere Geschichten aus der Business Class, Martin Suter
45. Your shopping list from outer space and other articles, Rewritten by L.A.Hill
46. Die Schrift II, Grazer Autorenkollektiv (GRAUKO)
47. The Witches, Roald Dahl
49. J.W. v. Goethe, Die Leiden des jungen Werthers (Fassung A+B)
50. Goethe, Die Wahlverwandschaften
51. Still Goethe, Faust I 
52. Mary Poppins, Pamela L. Travers
53. One Piece 64, Eiichiro Oda
54. The Big Five for Life, John P. Strelecky56. Blaue Flecken auf der Seele, Francoise Sagan
57. Ophelia lernt schwimmen, Susanna Kubelka
58. Geschmacklosigkeiten von A bis Z, Karl Shaw
59. Wanted, Eiichiro Oda
60. The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett/Paul Kidby
61. Paul Watzlawick, Anleitung zum Unglücklichsein
62. Literatur für AussteigerInnen, Oder wie sich die Welt ohne Auto bewegt
63. Paul Wilson, Das kleine Buch der Freude
64. Gregory Maguire, Mirror Mirror
65. Banana Yoshimoto, Kitchen, incl. Moonlight Shadow
66. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Nachtflug
67. Das kleine Kamasutra

67 books, plus 4 audiobooks that I know of, plus 61 additional books of manga (because I reread all of One Piece). If I subtract the mangas completely, it would still be 64 books, so I guess that's fine.
Now, of course, some of those books were really just tiny booklets, but even if I subtract those, I'm still above 52. So, success!
What I especially like about this list is that I managed to read some of those books I've been meaning to read forever. Tifanny Aching. The Last Hero. Sagan. Ophelia. American Gods. Things like that. And it' been GREAT. I wonder what this year will bring. I think I'm already off to a good start.:)

Keine Kommentare: