Montag, Juni 22, 2009

Beautiful pictures

A) I finally downloaded the photographs of the last two months from my camera, so there *should* be some massive posts coming soon.

B) By chance, I got to see the movie "Aeon Flux" last night. I knew about the animated series (which has been on my Amazon wishlist for ages, even though I've not seen a single episode - the online recommendations somehow seemed good enough reason to put it there), but nothing of the plot etc, so I watched the movie from beginning to end. I don't want to talk too much about the plot (which is good enough for a sci-fi movie, even though I guess it doesn't even come close to what the series offers - I'm again guessing from what I read about the series on the net). What I do want to talk about is what a beautiful beautiful movie it is. Costumes, set decoration, special effects....sooooo pretty! I gathered a few screenshots from the internet, but they just don't to the whole thing justice.

This is Aeon and her sister, Lux. Look at those costumes - Aeon's violet and grey, which, if they were mixed, would probably be something close to Lux' lavender. Pretty. :) The background light is just an example of how the atmosphere is just really rich and stunningly beautiful.

My favourite place in the whole movie, beautifully organic...nicely suited to the purpose it fulfills.


Even a so called tyrant can have a beautiful home...and this is just the outermost layer. (Or was it the place where the government held court? Either way...niiiiiiice.)


Here's a few more shots...not all so brilliant, but they give a good impression, I think.

While I do like good plot, sometimes, at least in movies, pretty 'language' is enough. Quite enough*. Can I watch it again please, ignore the dialogue, and just wallow in its beauty?

*As I said, the plot isn't too bad either. But nothing too special.

Keine Kommentare: